Monday 16 October 2017

Song#5 Yang Ku-cinta Itulah Kamu - Idea Stage

And so, as some may say, your life isn't complete without gypsy jazz and sweet duet. Which is what I'm going to set out to do. Dearest, if you're reading this (which you eventually will), here's the introduction to this blog!
  1. Idea Stage
  2. Composing and Arranging Stage
  3. Recording & Mastering Stage
  4. Final Product & MV

Source

Nothing screams gypsy guitar better than Django Reinhart himself. After listening to hours of his playing style, I tried playing it on my guitar to little success. I guess one could not simply replicate hours and years of training and practice :p

This round I tried minimising the number of instruments involved in my song. Based on Django's typical instrument setup, I gather that the very least you need is a guitar and a rhythm section.

Also, since this is planned to be a Malay language song, I tried getting inspiration from Malay hit classics like:

P.Ramlee swaggy dude

  1. P. Ramlee's Getaran Jiwa 
  2. Modern hits like Kau Ilhamku by Man Bai
  3. And Aku ingin mencintai-mu by Edcoustic

just to get the feel and pacing of Malay love songs. It also helps that Malaysians study the language from primary to high school, which makes writing lyrics a breeze. Secondly, I intended this song to be a duet between me and my girlfriend, because nothing beats singing together with your loved one :)

I guess that's all for now, until the next post :)

Stay tuned for Part II of  IV for this song!

No comments:

Post a Comment