Tuesday 17 October 2017

Song#5 Yang Ku-cinta Itulah Kamu - Composing and Arranging Stage

Without further ado, here's part two!
  1. Idea Stage
  2. Composing and Arranging Stage
  3. Recording & Mastering Stage
  4. Final Product & MV

Arranging

For this song, I had trouble deciding the parts for each singer, male and female. Sometimes the chorus is repeated for each singer to have a turn, sometimes they sing together. Certain songs call for verses to be sung in turn prior to the chorus. Taking all that into consideration, I decided upon:




  1. Intro
  2. Verse 1 & 2  (male) 
  3. Verse 1 & 2 (female)
  4. Chorus (together)
  5. Instrumental
  6. Verse 2 (male)
  7. Choruse (together)
  8. Instrumental
  9. Bridge/Verse 2 (female with male voiceover)
  10. Final Chorus
  11. Outro

Composing

For this song, I stuck to basics with the base key C major. Verse 1 & 2 was fixed to a 8 bar progression, while Chorus was a 18 bar progression. I mostly decided the chords by ear and wrote out the three / four voices chords names later. Sorry I couldn't be more technical on these stuffs for now, but as usual, add the 7th or the 9th for jazzy feel. For those interested in playing out the song yourself, here are the chords:

Intro
 C, G/B, F/A,C/E 
F, G, C, Em-5 
Dm,C, C7 
Dm,Dm7
G,Gaug 

Verse 1/ Instrumental/ Outro

Cmaj7, Fmaj7, Fm7,Fm7(b5) 
Cmaj7, Fmaj7, Fm7, EMaj7

Verse 2 
Am7,C/E, Emaj7, Am7,C/E, Emaj7, 
Am7,C/E, Emaj7, F7, Dm7, Dm7(b5)

Chorus
Cmaj7, Fmaj7, Fm7,A#m7, 
Cmaj7, Fmaj7, Fm7,A#m7, 
Fmaj7, Dm6, Bdim7, A#m7 ,A#dim7 
Cmaj7, Fmaj7, Dm7, Dm7(b5)

Lyrics

Here's the lyrics in Malay where basically the gist is couple typical banter and the guy is on the short end of the stick, but loves the girl anyway.

Malay version (Blue for male, Red for female and Green for singing together):

Intro
Wahai sayangku, inilah laguku,
Lagu baru digubah untukmu
Dengarlah musik, nyanyi b'samaku
Rentak irama, melodi
In-dah~

Verse 1
Kalau kita, bermain komputer,
Meskipun Kita sudah dewasa,
Tembak-tembak , bom bersama,
Gelak ketawa berguling sel'mba

Verse 2
Ohhhhhh, kau suka bela binatang
Oooooh, kucing, ikan, kura-kura,
Oooooh, terpijak tahi-lah,tapiiii
Yang kucinta itulah kamu v

Verse 1 
Wahai sayang, kau sering lupa,
Lupakanku 'pabila minum makan,
Hello sayang, kau lupa lagi
Masa tengok gajet di pameran

Verse 2
Ohhhhhh, apalah kau begini,
Woooooh, pelupa lagikan cuai,
Ohhhhh, ingatla pesanan iniiii,
Yang kucinta itulah kamu v

Chorus
Sehingga kita bertemu,
Ku sediakan Maggi kari,
Campur Milo dengan keju,
Makanan enak untukmu,


Bridge
Ohhhhhh, apalah kau begini, (Maaf sayang aku lupa,)
Woooooh, pelupa lagikan cuai, (Cuai tapi aku pantas)
Ohhhhh, ingatla pesanan iniiii, (Ku juga ingin berpesaaan)
Yang kucinta itulah kamu

And the translation...

Intro
Oh my love, this is my song
A song written just for you
Hear the music, sing along with me
Rhythm and tune, melody
Beautiful

Verse 1
If we, played computer
Even though we're adults
Shooting, bomb together,
Laugh out loud, rolling on the floor casually

Verse 2
Oooh, you like to rear pets,
Oooh, cat fish and turtles,
Oooh, stepped on shit, but
Whom I love is you

Verse 1 
Oh my love, you always forget,
Forget about me when drinking and eating,
Hello my love, you forgot again,
When looking at gadgets on display

Verse 2
Oooh, why are you like this
Woooh, forgetful and careless,
Oooh, but remember this,
Whom I love is you

Chorus
When we meet again,
I'll prepare Curry Maggi,
Mixed with Milo and cheese,
Delicious meal for you,

Oh my god, why do you want
Hohohoho (to fatten me)
Eating together with you,
Whom I love is you

Bridge
Oooh, why are you like this (Sorry my love I forget,)
Woooh, forgetful and careless, (Careless but fast,)
Oooh, but remember this, (I also wish to say this,)
Whom I love is you

That's all for this section!


Stay tuned for Part III of  IV for this song!

No comments:

Post a Comment