Monday 4 December 2017

Song#6 Mei Mun Hang Fook Di Mei Loi (美满幸福的未来) - Idea Stage

Up for another song in another language? I present to you song number 6!
Intro desu~
  1. Idea Stage
  2. Composing and Arranging Stage
  3. Recording & Mastering Stage
  4. Final Product & MV

Source

I was always fascinated with the Cantopop Mandopop power ballad scene, where most song structure was pretty much the same, ie after the bridge, there is either:
  1. Intro/recap of the main chorus, but in a simplified/softer version before dropping back grandly to the original chorus instrumentation and beats.
  2. Grand dropback to the original chorus after a short pause or recap of the bridge final phrase.
  3. Changing up the key of the chorus
which is rather predictable to say the very least.

Here are the list of well-known hits from this side of the Earth which I got inspiration from like:
  1. Justin Lo - 命硬
  2. Alan Tam - Friend of Mine | 朋友
  3. Guang Liang  - Tong Hua 童话 (Fairy Tale) 
  4. BEYOND【海闊天空】
and many others, too numerous to list her. This round I had to engage my friend Clement to write the lyrics in Cantonese, because my Cantonese level is only conversational level. He copied ideas from other songs for the lyrics while I copied the song structure and pacing :)

Why Cantonese? Well, I guess its undeniable that the Cantonese dialect is the language of love just like French. (can't imagine love song hits in Hokkian or Hakka)


Till the next post people!

Stay tuned for Part II of  IV for this song!

No comments:

Post a Comment