Friday 8 December 2017

Song#6 Mei Mun Hang Fook Di Mei Loi (美满幸福的未来) - Final Product & MV

Putting the rest aside, here's the best part.
  1. Idea Stage
  2. Composing and Arranging Stage
  3. Recording & Mastering Stage
  4. Final Product & MV
One does not simply blog without intro

Soundcloud upload

Here's the Soundcloud link with thumbnail from Charlie Chaplin's movie still.



Music Video

Initially I planned for a lazy man audio wavelength animation like previous instrumentals, but I remembered about the opening audio edits I made previously. Considering that Clement wasn't game for any MV film shooting, and I neither had the time to spare, I made do with a stock photo of someone playing/busking the guitar by the sidewalk. It was kinda like playing in a public square as initially planned, but whatever :)

For the writing part, I searched for YouTube sensei on how to animate words using my other favourite program Adobe After Effects, which turned out to be rather easy. Here's the screenshot of some settings to take note:

Another video taught me about having the jittery effect by using some random noise generator and mapping that onto a BW clip. I think the video explains it better than I do here, so I'll skip the explaining (also because I'm lazy).

For the rest of the MV, I decided that subbing the singing through YouTube closed caption subs is not effective when porting to Facebook video format. So I chose the hard sub route and made it into a lyric video with some form of pleasing artwork. Where to find such artwork, you may ask? Well, if you have heard of DeviantArt and Danbooru art websites, there would be the Japanese version of it called Pixiv. There I stole correctly attributed anime and Zootopia fanart to their respective artists as artwork fodder for my MV (attribution is in the credits).

Back to the subs, I inserted traditional chinese subs mirrored with english subs in the video. For YouTube's closed captions, I uploaded simplified chinese subs.

In case you haven't realised yet, there is a secret link at the end of the video...Actually it started since song#5 where I blocked out the final 4 characters of the Goo.gl-link-shortener link. So for every subsequent video, every pair would be revealed (there's a total of 3 pairs anyway). In case you are really lazy to check (referring to you dearest :P), here's the screenshot of the video at that exact moment:


Song #5

Song #6

Final Product

Without further ado, here's my humble MV. Thanks for watching! And don't forget to subscribe!

No comments:

Post a Comment