Tuesday 25 July 2017

Song#3 Runaway - Idea Stage

Wasup people, here's another song! Welcome to my 1 year blog on making 7 songs to propose to my beloved!
  1. Idea Stage
  2. Composing and Arranging Stage
  3. Recording Stage
  4. Mastering Stage
  5. Final Product

Source

One day I was binge listening to funk pop or nudisco groups like Metronomy, Breakbot, Tame Impala and Two Doors Cinema Club, that I got the inspiration to compose a sort-of funk number.

To that extent, I started off with the notion of a disco beat below some newly gotten slick piano riffs from Cape Lion's Jennie which used XLNaudio's Addictive Keys VST (I used electric grand). I had the requirement of naming the song starting with the letter R, so what better than to randomly select a word - RUNAWAY.

Putting into context, I thought of lyrics like "runaway to you" or "runaway with you", but definitely not "runaway from you" :) The next consideration was whether I wanted to add electric guitar overdrive strumming to the mix, since I managed to borrow my neighbour's PRS Tremonti set (thanks Chu Gen!). After a couple testing rounds with different pedal settings, I decided upon using overdrive, rather than metal distortion in the chorus part.

Lastly, I drew inspiration from some EDM mixes where I attempted at filter passing and side-chain compression for the mix. I also tried applying what I learned from Wickiemedia (which I previously introduced in the previous song) to this song.

No one else wanted to sing my song except for myself. -Sadface-

Stay tuned for Part II of  V for this song!

No comments:

Post a Comment